Good Shepherd’s experience in heart care makes the difference. Good Shepherd continues its dedication to leading edge technology so patients receive the most advanced care available. Over the past five years, we have invested more than $4 million in technology enhancements including the addition of electrophysiology equipment to provide care to those patients experiencing abnormal heart rhythms.
Each year at Good Shepherd:
- More than 9,000 major cardiac procedures are performed.
- More than 2,000 catheterizations are performed each year. According to the American College of Cardiology, an ideal minimum performance standard for catheterizations is 400.
- More than 260 open-heart surgeries are performed annually. The American College of Cardiology lists the minimum volume standard for quality on open-heart procedures at 233 a year.
- More than 7,000 medical cardiology procedures are performed in the Cath lab each year.
- Non-invasive cardiology services account for 42,000 inpatient and outpatient procedures.
- Ranked in the Top 1% Nationally for Medical Excellence in Cardiac Care, according to http://www.carechex.com/.
- Ranked #1 in Texas for Patient Safety in Cardiac Care, according to http://www.carechex.com/.
- 2009 Coronary Intervention Excellence Award.
- Five-Star Rated for Treatment of Heart Attack – 8 years in a row (2003 – 2010), according to www.healthgrades.com.
- Longview’s first electrophysiology program.
Founded in 1987, the Good Shepherd Heart Center is a leading-edge provider for the prevention, treatment and care of heart disease.