Urology at Good Shepherd
Center for Reconstructive Urology
Urology is a surgical specialty which deals with diseases of the male and female urinary tract and the male reproductive organs. Since the conditions that effect the genitourinary tract can affect men and women of all ages, as well as children, a urologist has the opportunity to take care of the entire population. Because of the broad range of clinical problems they encounter, urologists have a familiarity with many other medical fields — such as internal medicine, pediatrics, gynecology, geriatrics and oncology — in addition to surgical training.
Our skilled providers and specialists are experienced in addressing a variety of urologic concerns, including:
• discomfort while urinating;
• a sense of difficulty in completely emptying the bladder;
• incontinence, a loss of urinary control;
• hematuria, the appearance of blood in the urine;
• the sensation of pain appearing to be related to one of the structures of the urinary tract;
• problems with sexual function; and
• infertility, difficulties involved in conceiving a child.
Sometimes, a patient’s complaints may involve findings that have been made incidentally through X-rays or ultrasound studies in which an abnormality in one of the urinary tract structures was found.
Schedule an Appointment
Contact Good Shepherd Medical Associates Urology at 903.315.4799 or Women’s Health Physical Therapy at 903.323.6580.
View All Specialties and Services